Tuesday, September 8, 2015

First PhotoShop Project

...Inspirational quote...


For our first project, we were to create an inspirational quote with a background. It seemed like a simple project...but as an artist, I was overwhelmed with the possibilities and new tools I had on photoshop. First, I used played with filters in the background. I sharpened it a bit but didn't love the effect of the other filters. It ruined the concept of the background. I added a rectangle shape for the next layer and minimized the opacity. I used a filter on that layer to change the color of the rectangle. I've had the metaphor, your a sky full of stars stuck in my head, so I decided to use that as my quote. It went with the background. I used the eyedropper tool to match the words with colors in the sky. I also used a drop shadow on the outside of the words "your a sky full of" and an inside shadow of stars. I also minimized the opacity of the text. I used different fonts but next time I will download fonts offline because I didn't love the options I had on photoshop so far. 



No comments:

Post a Comment