Tuesday, December 15, 2015

IMC Campaign

A. Company Analysis

UFLI (The University of Florida Literacy Initiative) is a program designed by UF faculty and students to assist students that struggle to learn to read and write. It began in 1998 as a model by Drs. Holly Lane, Lynda Hayes, and Paige Pullen as a field experience for students in UF's Unified Elementary Proteach program. Now, UFLI encompasses teacher development, reader development, technology, and research and serves over 150 first and second graders every year.

The Target Audience is teachers, students, parents, and educational professionals. They are trying to attract teachers or students working towards an educational degree to train them in helping students with learning disabilities.

My campaign has a communications strategy that is light hearted, but professional. Since the focus is working with young students, it will incorporate visuals for elementary education. Since it initiated with UF, I will also include orange and blue colors and a gator within my logo. However, I don't want it to be too fun and silly. This is a professional program and it needs to have a serious call to action that encourages the audience to help children.

B. Logo


I wanted my logo to be catchy and artistic. Since it incorporates young elementary students, I used a baby gator cartoon and cut out only his head and tail. Then I used the line tool to draw a book and the rectangle tool to make diagonal shapes on the book. I used the papyrus font because it is simple yet smooth. 

C. Promotional Flylers

I used a gradient for my promotional flyers and cut out photos of students and teachers with the magic eraser tool. For the last promotional flyer, I used the magic eraser tool to create an artistic photo of the student. I also included the website. I could see these being handed out at info sessions to parents and teachers.









Facebook Posts & Cover Photos.

I made my Facebook cover photos similar to my promotional flyers to keep the consistency. I added a drop shadow to the students and an outer glow to the logo to create a deeper dimension.






For my timeline posts, I wanted to attract the audience to watch the youtube videos. I learned that UFLI has great youtube info clips and they should attract their audience to those short videos as much as possible. I made timeline posts to create a curiosity of what those clips have to offer.

I think UFLI should also incorporate a twitter and create a hashtag to engage people into the brand.



For My infographic, I used a lot of shapes. I even a brain shape myself using the brush tool. I also beveled and embossed the brain and added a drop shadow. I based the infographic on the youtube video that UFLI made about dyslexia. 









No comments:

Post a Comment